Call for External Evaluator
Terms of Reference
- The “New Courses in Geospatial Engineering for Climate Change Adaptation of Coastal Ecosystems”- (GEOCLIC) project, (project reference number GEOCLIC 619011-EPP-1-2020-1-KZ-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union kindly invites all suppliers to participate in the tender for the supply of computers, multimedia, audio & video, and other equipment to the several universities of Kazakhstan.
- The Consortium will consider applications and proposals of individual experts or organizations specialized in monitoring and evaluating educational projects at the European level. The expert has to demonstrate the skills and experience required for individual EQE. The fee mentioned in this Terms of Reference is intended as maximum contract value for the engagement as EQE, being the contract assigned to an individual expert or an organization.
1. Summary of GEOCLIC project
- The GEOCLIC project goal of the project is to modernize and internationalize training in the field of monitoring and environmental protection of coastal ecosystems using new geospatial technologies, big data and remote sensing, at the undergraduate / graduate / doctoral levels in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan through innovative three-level curricula that meet market requirements and best practices. The lack of specialists with the competencies and skills to understand, transform and interpret satellite and ground-based data to make decisions related to environmental protection and the lack of specialists in the field of ecology, management and engineering of the coastal zone affects the economic development of the Caspian Sea region. The lack of programs and equipment for analyzing coastal dynamics using satellite imagery and remote sensing affects the competencies and skills of graduates and specialists in geospatial engineering.
2. Expertise and skills required for the external evaluator
- The candidate must have at least an MSc degree in any area, but Educational Sciences is preferable.
- Skills and experience
- EQE has to demonstrate some relevant skills, including:
- Proven professional experience in the evaluation process and monitoring process of international collaborative projects (previous experience in EU-funded project is an asset);
- Understanding of quality processes, expected activities, outputs, and quality review processes;
- Knowledge of the Bologna process, Erasmus+ projects, HE system, Quality Assurance (ESG);
- Regional and partner country expertise, partner country’s educational system knowledge;
- Language skills (advance knowledge of English and Russian);
- Ability to effectively communicate evaluation results and to provide a professional and independent review, the individual EQE shall not have any concurrent contractual engagement with the consortium members.
3. Tasks and Deliverables
- to review GEOCLIC processes and products, according to the evaluation criteria of relevance and fulfillment of objectives, development effectiveness, impact, and sustainability, for project/program evaluation;
- to prepare the intermediate (on Month 18) and final (on Month 36) external evaluation reports;
- each 6 Months to provide feedbacks in the form of the online sessions on quality assurance processes and methodologies to the project consortium
- Mid-term report about project implementation provides an external perspective to achievements so far reached and the overall performance of the Project against plans and objectives; it also provides recommendations on the various aspects of Project implementation, including quality of the deliverables, consortium working relations, internal communication, processes, results,
- The final report ensures an external and professional perspective into project processes and results and captures the overall quality of the project in all its It also provides valuable lessons learned and good practices to inform partners' work in further exploiting project results beyond its lifetime.
- A series of feedback sessions provided for the GEOCLIC consortium members will strengthen the implementation of the project
- Conditions for the service
- EQE is provided full access to all project documentation to empower her/him to carry out a thorough assessment of the project. EQE undertakes to carry out the required service within the specified timeframe. EQE agrees to maintain the confidentiality of data generated or disclosed during the provision of the needed service
4. Total Fee
- The total fee for the engagement of the EQE is up to EUR 5,000.00, with all taxes included.
5. Deadline and requirements for the application
- The deadline for presenting the application for the job is May 9, 2022. The application shall be sent by email at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants shall present their CVs, clearly demonstrating the skills, competencies, and experiences required in these terms of reference. In addition, the applicant has to submit a short memo/abstract on how he/she intend to perform the assignment.
Call for External Evaluator (GEOCLIC)